For those of you who know me personally, you know I am a planner. I enjoy daily to-do lists, updating my calendar, and thinking five steps ahead for any situation. Since planning is my thing, Sunday meal prep is my game. As they say, “a Sunday well spent, brings a week of content!” It’s hard to beat the feeling of having healthy homemade meals ready to grab and go.
Lunch this week will be salads in a jar, similar to the theme from my last post. (Apparently it’s a “jar meal” kind of week).
Mediterranean Pesto Chicken Salad...in a Jar
- Servings: 4
- Time: 45-60 mins
- Difficulty: easy
- 1 package (or two bags) of romaine hearts
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 20 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1.5-2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Trader Joe’s Pesto Chicken, cooked and diced (or you can cover 1 lb. chicken with 3-4 Tbsp pesto sauce and cook)
- 4-8 Tbsp Balsamic dressing (I prefer the Annie’s brand)
- Set out 4 wide-mouth quart-sized mason jars.
- In each jar add 1-2 tablespoons of dressing to bottom of jar
- Next add 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1/4 of the cucumbers, and 10 tomato halves into each jar
- In a small bowl, gently toss avocado in lemon juice (to prevent it from browning)
- Divide avocado, feta, and chicken between the jars
- Add lettuce until full
- Cover each jar with a top and save in fridge for up to 5 days
Hope you enjoy!
What are some of your favorite grab and go lunches?