I love a recipe that is easy enough to make after a long day at work and makes for delicious leftovers! Throw in a protein and some delicious veggies, add various spices or sauces, wrap in lettuce, and….VIOLA!…..dinner is served. This is my healthy version of the P.F. Chang’s chicken lettuce wrap recipe. Save yourself some money (and calories) by making it yourself. Plus, you can throw in various veggies for extra crunch, nutrition, and flavor.
Spicy Lemongrass Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Servings: 4-6
- Time: 2hr 30mins
- Difficulty: easy
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 lemongrass stalk, thick skin removed, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup carrot shreds
- 2-3 green onions, diced
- 1 4-6 oz can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil or cooking oil
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 4 Tbsp gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar-free rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sriracha (or more if you like it extra spicy!)
- 1 head of Bibb/Boston lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- 4 Tbsp sliced almonds
- Place 1 Tbsp of the coconut oil or cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Once warm, add the carrots, onions, water chestnuts, ginger, and garlic and sauté until soft but still crunchy.
- Remove vegetables from pan and place on a dish. Add the other Tbsp of cooking oil to the pan and add the ground chicken.
- Sauté the chicken until brown and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan with the chicken, and gently mix.
- Add the coconut aminos, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, and Sriracha to the pan and mix all ingredients together.
- Serve the chicken/veggie mixture in lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced almonds.