About a year ago, I remember cruising through Pinterest and stumbling on something amazing…something that would forever change food for me. That something was a zoodle. For those who have never checked out Inspiralized, stop reading this post and go check it out right now.
Thanks to Pinterest and Inspiralized, my spiralizer is one of my most prized kitchen gadgets. My love of produce and noodles have finally been united as one. I’m pretty sure that I have not stopped talking about this gadget since I discovered it.
I’ll be honest, I tend to spiralize the same vegetables over and over. I love zucchini, seedless cucumbers, and carrots. Today, it was time to get out of my comfort zone and try something new.
Since my wonderful boyfriend, Tony, has been away in California for two weeks on training, I thought it would be nice if I made him some of his favorite foods when he returned. Broccoli Waldorf salad is on that love list and also seemed like the perfect recipe for me to spiralize!
Waldorf Salad with Broccoli and Apple Noodles
- Servings: 4-6
- Time: 30mins
- Difficulty: easy
2 stalks of broccoli (with long stems); florets cut from stem
1 Fuji apple
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise or non-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp raw honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine mayo/Greek yogurt, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper and whisk until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Remove florets from broccoli stems and set aside.
- Spiralize broccoli stems.
- Discard stem from apple and spiralize your apple.
- Cut broccoli and apple noodles to desired length or 6-10″
- Mix “noodles”, florets, grapes, onions, sunflower seeds, and dressing in a bowl. Serve chilled.